Thursday, September 30, 2010

First of all, I'd like to point out a big growth process that has occurred within myself. I want to say that Justin Bieber's new song, "You Smile, I Smile" is pretty catchy.  Now, as many of you know, if people were to ask me the top five things I hated in life, I would have to reply:
1.  Taylor Swift
2.  The word "moist"
3.  Josh Groban
4.  Sorority Rush
5.  Justin Bieber
But because I live in a big girl world, I've tried to open up my mind; enlighten myself, if you will.  I consider this slight appreciation of his new song a part of my maturing process in my new grown up life.  I'm learning to accept his music and more importantly, his JTim like dance moves.  The Biebs is pretty trendy.  And I'm not trying to hop on the trendy train or get Bieber fever, but I will, as an adult, admit that I do find the song catchy.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, on with this week's update.  I've been thinking about what I wanted to write about all week, and sincerely haven't really been inspired yet....until today.  
At my place of employment today, I had a lady come in looking for an outfit.  This lady had me running.....I mean RUNNING around the store.  I'm talking panty hose, jewelery, cardigans, shoes, everything.  I'm thinking that I burned around 800 calories alone on this sale.  Which I won't complain about.  And when I finished ringing her up, she looked at me and said "Well, you just made me happy".  And all I think could think of was "Good God."  This lady was making me look like the Queen of England because I found the right control top panty hose for her.  Sweet.  So as she left, I started thinking about things that made me happy and gave me the warm and fuzzy feeling inside; the exact same feeling that I gave my lady in capri pants with polka dots on them.  
Now I think everyone knows that I love lists.  I really do.  So, I've decided to document the things that make me happy in the blog with a list.

1.  Jersey Shore--I don't care how much crap anybody talks about these people.  They are creative geniuses.  A few of my favorite quotes are as follows:  "GTL baby.  If you don't go to the gym, you're fat.  It you don't tan, you're pale.  And if you don't do laundry, you ain't got no clothes"  Another fave:  "When it asks what race I am on job applications, I say TAN."  And my all time fave:  "Shut your mouth, you dirty little hamster". These people are geniuses.  They have created the perfect characters.  They have perfect comedic timing without even trying.  And they made up acronyms for their lives.  I respect anyone who narrates their lives with GTL and DTF.  SO, Jersey Shore definitely makes me happy.  T-Shirt Tiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

2.  Diet Dr. Pepper--Dude....if you've never had a Diet Dr. Pepper, you're ridiculous.  It has changed my life.  When I'm angry....Diet Dr. P.  When I'm happy.....Diet Dr. P.  When I'm nauseous....Diet Dr. P.  When I'm getting ready to get my dance on....Diet Dr. P.  It's all the pleasure with the guiltlessness of a diet drink.  Do it.  Seriously. It has changed my life.

3.  America's Funniest Home Videos--I can't tell you the number of times that Randy and I have sat in our living room watching AFV and just cried because we were laughing so hard.  For example, after I got off work today, I watched a 3 minute montage of people passing out at a wedding.  It's just so funny.  And watching people walk into closed sliding glass doors really never gets old. I also really appreciate AFV because of the number of times that my family should have been on the show.  One particular time stands out in my head.  Don't worry, I'll set it up for you.

Circa 2004
The whole family thought it would be a great idea to do Tae Bo together.  You remember Tae Bo.  The hot sweaty and ripped black man led it and it dealt with a bunch of kicking and punching things really fast.  SO, we set up the formation, Kelley and mom in the front, Dad and I in the back.  The warm ups began and Kelley was on point, not missing a beat or a move.  But we were all keeping up.  Well, the friggin warm up turned into a full fledged body boot camp within five minutes.  Ten minutes later, I realize what's happening.  Kelley is still focused on the sweaty black man who's alternating between kicking and punching.  She sweating more than he is.  Kim is literally hopping all around the room just air punching.  No method to anything.  Just hopping and punching.  Randy is the color of a fire truck. All of the water that had ever been in his body was now either running down him or soaking into his tshirt.  And he's doing the kicking move by pulling up the legs of his shorts in order to lift his legs up.  Oh yeah, and I was on the couch.

Things like this should be on AFV.  And they are.  It's just a great show.  And it makes me very very happy.

And last but not least: 

4. Taye Diggs--I don't think I need to explain that at all.

So, I make this lady happy with good fitting panty hose, and she makes me realize the top 4 things that make me happy.  Other things include the Dragon family, 2Crunk, funnel cakes, Elton John, my theatery people, the gays, fried pickles, everyone in the senior apartments, Ke$ha, and my dog Mae.  
So my friends, the moral of the story is this.  When the big girl or boy world is sucking, sometimes you just have to think of things that make you happy.  I had to do that today, or else I wouldn't have been able to keep my mind off of the fact that my feet feel like an 18 wheeler is continuously driving over both of them.  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY BESUDEN!
And everybody should give Brice Taylor a donation to go help orphans in Kenya.  It really is for orphans.  This isn't like The Hangover when he takes $$$ for a "fieldtrip" and uses it in Vegas.......or is it?

And until then, at least I'm not this guy.
Sweater Snake
 

1 comment:

  1. If fried pickles make you happy you should go to The Penguin. No seriously do it.

    Also, I'm going to take "theatrey people" as a direct shout out to me cause I feel like it ;)

    Miss you!

    ak

    ReplyDelete